The Western States PEHSU, in collaboration with the Center for Integrative Research on Childhood Leukemia and the Environment (CIRCLE), has been working with Promotores de Salud and community health workers to increase awareness about reproductive environmental health and children’s environmental health issues. As part of our outreach to Promotores, we have started an environmental health newsletter that addresses a different environmental health problem every month. The newsletter is in English and Spanish.
You can also view some of the educational materials on preventing childhood leukemia and other diseases that we have developed and used in our work with Promotores on our pages Improving Environmental Health Literacy in Young Adults and Childhood Leukemia and the Environment.
- The Importance of Ventilation and Air Filtration in Reducing the Spread of Infectious Disease in Schools and at Home – November 2022
- Climate Change and Pregnancy: What Promotores and Community Health Workers Can Do – September 2022
- Climate Change and Pregnancy: What Are the Risks? – August 2022
- Drinking Water (Pt. 2) – May 2022
- Drinking Water (Pt. 1) – April 2022
- Wildfire Smoke – September 2020
- Air Pollutants – August 2020
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals – July 2020
- Safer Disinfectant Use During the COVID-19 Pandemic – May 2020
- Flame Retardants – December, 2019
- Lead – November, 2019
- Bisphenols and Phthalates – June, 2019