Children’s Environmental Health Fact Sheets developed by the Western States PEHSU
- Fact sheets, infographics and videos developed by the WSPEHSU on Safer Disinfecting During the COVID-19 Pandemic here.
- Hojas informativas, infografías y videos desarrollados por el WSPEHSU sobre el uso más seguro de desinfectantes durante la pandemia de COVID-19 aquí.
Wildfire and Children’s Health
- Fact sheets developed by the WSPEHSU on Wildfire Smoke and Children’s health here.
- Hojas informativas desarrolladas por el WSPEHSU sobre el humo de incendio forestal y la salud de los niños aquí.
- Promotores Children’s Environmental Health Newsletter on Wildfire Smoke in English and Spanish here.
Environmental Health for Early Care and Education
Fact sheets developed by the WSPEHSU on the following topics:
- Non-chemical Ways to Reduce the Spread of Infectious Disease
- How to Read a Cleaning/Disinfecting Product Label
- What’s So Great About Microfiber?
- What’s the Problem with Bleach?
- What is Indoor Air Quality and How is it Affected by Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting?
- Ten Reasons to Have a Green Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting Program
- What is Green Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting?
- Hazard Communication in Early Care and Education Workplaces
- How to Properly Label a Cleaning Product Container
- Take-Home Workplace Exposures (pdf) – June 2020
- Las exposiciones traÍdas del trabajo a casa (pdf) – June 2020
- Toxic Chemicals Are More Dangerous to Children Than Adults (pdf) – October 2019
- Las Sustancias Químicas son Más Peligrosas para los Niños que para los Adultos (pdf) – October 2019
- Factsheets on Lead Poisoning in Six Different Languages – June 2019
WSPEHSU’s Child Care Health Consultant, Victoria Leonard, is an author of this piece on head lice from the University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources, Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program (UC IPM Program).
Emerging Environmental Health Fact Sheets from the National PEHSU
The PEHSU Network has prepared a series of fact sheets on emerging environmental health topics. These fact sheets provide useful information for parents and family members on protecting children from these hazards, their potential health effects, and where to go for more information.
- Advisory about Phthalates and Bisphenol A, for Consumers (pdf) – March 2014
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Children: Guidance for Disaster Events (pdf) – July 2013
- Chelation Therapy Guidance for the General Public (pdf) – May 2012
- Formaldehyde Fact Sheet – (pdf) May 2015
- Information on Arsenic in Food (pdf) – October 2012
- Information on Natural Gas Extraction and Hydraulic Fracturing: Information for Parents and Community Members (pdf) – August 2011
- Protecting Children from Wildfire Smoke and Ash July 2018
- Recommendations Regarding Return of Children to Areas Impacted by Flooding and/or Hurricanes (pdf) – October 2015
Fact Sheets from the National PEHSU in Spanish – Hojas informativas de la Nacional de PEHSU en español
- Guía Sobre Plásticos más Seguros para los Padres: Ftalatos y Bisfenol A (pdf) – updated October 2008
- Riesgos a la Salud de los Niños por los Incendios Forestales – Fase Aguda (pdf) – August 2009
- Peligros Medioambientales para los Niños a Consecuencia de los Incendios Forestales (pdf) – August 2009
Environmental Health Fact Sheets from Other Sources
Region 2 PEHSU has helpful short informational documents on the following topics:
The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) has recently updated a fact sheet on PFAS.
- An Overview of the Science and Guidance for Clinicians on Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)